The Cedar strives to make our facilities and programming available and accessible to the best of our ability. To request disability-related accommodations for an upcoming Cedar show, please contact our box office at 612-338-2674 or email@example.com.
The Cedar is an always all-ages venue. Discounts are available for people under the age of 12 or above age 65 when purchasing tickets at the door on the night of a show.
The Cedar’s performance space is accessible to patrons in wheelchairs. Seating is available for people with disabilities. Entire access to the backstage area is wheelchair accessible. Additional seating is accommodated as needs dictate. To request seating accommodations, please contact our box office at 612-338-2674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cedar conducts off-site performances in partnership with organizations that serve people with disabilities. Current partners include Midwest Special Services, Lifeworks, WorkAbilities and ALLY People Solutions. In 2015, we were named an ALLY Business Partner of the Year.
Accessible Restroom – The Cedar has installed a single-unit, all-gender, ADA accessible restroom near the front entrance of the venue to accommodate patrons of all needs.
Assistive Visibility – To access concessions prices and directions around The Cedar’s facility, intended to be used with free assistive smartphone applications, click here.
- For IOS Apple products: Apple Accessibility has assistive technology called, “VoiceOver.” It is an advanced screen reader programmed into macOS Sierra, and includes lists of VoiceOver commands. With VoiceOver enabled, just triple-click the Home button to access it wherever you are in iOS.
- For Android Devices: Google TalkBack is an accessibility service that helps blind and vision-impaired users interact with their devices on Android. TalkBack adds spoken, audible, and vibration feedback to your device.
Assistive Listening – The Cedar has six assistive listening devices are available day of show and beforehand at request.
- The system consists of a wireless transmitter and wireless receivers with headphones. There are six wireless devices available for usage. All run on AA batteries. The signal is fed from the mixing console, so they only are usable when the PA is in use.
- If a patron is interested in using an assistive listening device, please request 3 days in advance by contacting our box office at 612-338-2674 or email@example.com.
- If a patron is interested in using an assistive device day of show, speak to a house manager who will provide a wireless device with assistance from an on-site sound technician.
Parking – There is a drop off spot in front of the venue (two parking meters in front of the Cedar marquee). There is on-street parking located in front of the venue and a parking garage located behind the venue space.
Advisory Committee: The Cedar currently has an advisory committee and compliance committee to manage accessibility detail and improvement. Any questions or concerns can be made at 612-338-2674.
To become an access partner, serve on the access committee, or for general questions and feedback about accessibility, please contact us at 612-338-2674 ext 103.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a 2013 ADA Access Improvement Grant administration by VSA Minnesota for the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage fund.