Balkan Beat Box with Umami
Using the backbeat of the Balkans, including the thorny plaints of the clarinet and stimulating drum marches, cumbia meets reggae meets electronica meets Romanian thrash parties. War is the devil and racism the thorn in human pride throughout this fine fourteen-song effort. While the dance floor sees plenty of action, it is the moving title track, with Tomer Yosef's poetic gravity weighing in on racism and intolerance, that shows just how much this band has evolved. (Derek Beres, Huffington Post)
The sweatiest, grittiest, most energetic bunch of roaming gypsy rockers you'll encounter anywhere, Israeli band Balkan Beat Box have become legendary at The Cedar for their incendiary performances! Become part of the movement...
New dance rock outfit Umami opens.
The Cedar is now fully air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($1 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby before and after shows (no fee), Depth of Field (no fee), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID may gain discounted admission for tickets at the door.