Karan Casey and John Doyle
Breathtaking Irish vocalist Karan Casey and guitar virtuoso John Doyle rose to fame as founding members of traditional supergroup Solas. Since leaving Solas, each has carved out a unique and acclaimed place in contemporary Irish and folk music, yet they both felt a yearning that has pulled them back to work together once more, this time as a duo. The result is Exile's Return (Compass Records), a luminous new album of Irish, Scottish and English folk songs, and a limited number of live appearances. The renewed collaboration has generated "a feeling of coming home," says Karan. "John in his guitar playing really does catch me, almost like he knows what I'm thinking." John says, "Karan's soul is in the music. We fit together, like hand in glove."
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($1 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby before and after shows (no fee), Depth of Field (no fee), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID may gain discounted admission for tickets at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.