St Paul JCC presents Yemen Blues
Yemen Blues is a nine-member Sephardic music ensemble, which has recently taken the international music scene by storm. Founded by Israeli bassist Omer Avital and Israeli-Yemenite singer Ravid Kahalani, this band is an original and fascinating synergy of traditional Yemenite melodies and the world of blues, jazz and funk. Flavors of its West African roots swirl through enhanced modern compositions to create a breathtaking experience—a mixture of beautiful, complex grooves with an amazing live energy. Yemen Blues has captivated audiences around the globe. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to experience Yemen Blues in their first Twin Cities appearance.
The Cedar is now fully air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: noon Fri Nov 18
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($1 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- Tickets are also available at: the St. Paul JCC (651-698-0751) and Sabes JCC (952-381-3499)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
Yemen Blues is presented by the St. Paul JCC in partnership with the United Jewish Fund and Council of St. Paul, the Israel Center of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation, Sabes JCC. and the Howard B. and Ruth F. Brin Jewish Arts Endowment Fund. Yemen Blues’ appearance is also underwritten by the Herman J. Birnberg Endowment Fund, the Yale Libman Fund, the Tamsky/Pomerantz Fund, and the Dr. Richard Adelson Memorial Fund of the St. Paul JCC Endowment Funds.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.