Dan Newton's Café Accordion Orchestra presents Midnight in Pariswith guests Diane Jarvi and Tony Balluff
Genre-hopping favorites Café Accordion Orchestra return for another night of French-inspired musical fun. Midnight in Paris is a follow up to last year’s successful show, French Music and Music of the French Diaspora. CAO will conjure up the dark and exotic feel of late night in the City of Lights with French Musette, Gypsy and American swing, and French-tinged music from around the world.
CAO will bring two guests to the stage at this year's concert.
Captivating chanteuse DIANE JARVI is a singer-songwriter known for her poetic and jazzy approach to world folk music. She has appeared on two of Cafe Accordion Orchestra's recordings, and will sing French, Occitane, Cabo Verdean Creole and American French classics.
Renowned clarinetist TONY BALLUFF was schooled in the New Orleans tradition by alumni of local legends, The Hall Brothers Jazz Band. Tony works that sound in wherever he can- with his own band, Southside Aces, The Bill Evans New Orleans Jazz Band, and Patty & The Buttons.
Please come early and join the celebration of La Fête des Rois with Alliance Française--cake in the lobby, while supplies last!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($1 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.