Patrick Watson with Cat Martino
"…the players dig deep into these songs' twists and turns; songs within songs all fleshed out, brilliantly arranged and lyrically heartfelt. I'm gushing, I know, but these really are geniuses at work…" (Bob Boilen, NPR's First Listen)
Montreal-based, Polaris prize-winning band Patrick Watson make their first visit to The Cedar, sharing their new album Adventures in Your Own Backyard. Lead singer Patrick Watson says the record is his band’s attempt to “make the kind of music we would want to listen to at home,” music which should also go over well in the homely environs of The Cedar.
Opening tonight will be Cat Martino, a long-time collaborator with Sufjan Stevens and Sharon Van Etten, and a highly creative art pop singer-songwriter in her own right.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.