Brooklyn Rider with Kayhan KalhorThe Cedar and Kate Nordstrum Projects present
Hip string quartet Brooklyn Rider return to The Cedar, this time with Iranian kamancheh (Persian bowed string instrument) player and classical composer Kayhan Kalhor, with whom they collaborated on the highly praised recording Silent City (2008).
The program will include 'Atashgah', 'Beloved, do not let me be discouraged', and 'Three Persian Miniatures', all by Colin Jacobsen, 'Culai', which is a piece for string quartet by Lev 'Ljova' Zhurbin that was a commission for Brooklyn rider by Chamber Music America's Classical Commissioning Grant, and Kayhan Kalhor's 'Silent City'.
This event is part of the Stillwater Music Festival.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.