Y La Bamba with Buffalo Moon
“…bouncing, ass-shakin’, toe-tappin’, arm-swayin’ rhythms.” - Magnet
“The music Luz Elena Mendoza makes with her bandmates in the Portland, Ore., group Y La Bamba is a perfect example of how to embrace tradition while still creating something new, exciting and thought-provoking…While its music may not sound exactly like the Mexican music of Mendoza's youth, Y La Bamba creates songs that stop me in my tracks with their breathtaking range.” - NPR
Delightfully tweaked Mexifolk brings Luz Elena Mendoza ever closer to being crowned the Latin-rock Feist. – Spin
Indie-smaba group Buffalo Moon opens.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.