Big Cats! “For My Mother” album release with K. Raydio and The Chalice
Over the past few months, Big Cats! (of The Tribe and Big Cats!) aka Spencer Wirth-Davis wrote a 70's style soul/Rnb record, "For My Mother" along the lines of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" and recorded it with a 9 piece band featuring members of No Bird Sing, Alicia Steele and the Endeavors, Heiruspecs, and more. He then sampled from the recordings to create a full length, instrumental hip hop record.
All funds for the album were raised through a crowdsourced project that met its goal of $7,000. 75% of the proceeds of the album and a percentage of the release show will be donated to the Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance in honor of his mother, Christi Wirth-Davis, who died from ovarian cancer two years ago.
Also on the bill tonight will be K. Raydio, and the bold women of The Chalice.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.