Big Cats! “For My Mother” album release with K. Raydio and The Chalice
Over the past few months, Big Cats! (of The Tribe and Big Cats!) aka Spencer Wirth-Davis wrote a 70's style soul/Rnb record, "For My Mother" along the lines of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" and recorded it with a 9 piece band featuring members of No Bird Sing, Alicia Steele and the Endeavors, Heiruspecs, and more. He then sampled from the recordings to create a full length, instrumental hip hop record.
All funds for the album were raised through a crowdsourced project that met its goal of $7,000. 75% of the proceeds of the album and a percentage of the release show will be donated to the Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance in honor of his mother, Christi Wirth-Davis, who died from ovarian cancer two years ago.
Also on the bill tonight will be K. Raydio, and the bold women of The Chalice.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.