The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) with live score by Zoo Animal
The Passion of Joan of Arc (French: La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc) is a silent film produced in France in 1928. It is based on the record of the trial of Joan of Arc. The film was directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer and stars Renée Jeanne Falconetti. It is widely regarded as a landmark of cinema, especially for its production, its direction and Falconetti's performance, which has been described as being among the finest in cinema history.
The film summarizes the time that Joan of Arc was a captive of the English. It depicts her trial, imprisonment, torture, and execution. (Text from Wikipedia)
Holly Newsom and Zoo Animal bring the brilliance of The Passion of Joan of Arc into the present, with their powerful original soundtrack, performed live.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 between 12noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.