Cold Specks with Claire De Lune (of The Chalice) and Shahar Eberzon
Cold Specks – the stage name of 23 year-old Al Spx – has been receiving accolades in both her native Canada and her adopted home country of the UK. Marked by elegantly stylized field hollers, her haunting, minimalist and layered ‘doom-soul’ music has an old-time blues singer’s raw urgency and an indie folk spirit, sung in a compelling dark alto.
The Arts & Crafts and Mute Records artist’s latest album 'I Predict a Graceful Expulsion' has received nearly universal rave reviews, and has made the short list for the 2012 Polaris Prize.
Please give Cold Specks an extra warm as she makes her headlining debut at The Cedar after her spellbinding solo set opening for Great Lake Swimmers in May this year. This time she'll bring the band!
Triple treat tonight with opening acts Claire De Lune from 2012 Picked to Click winning trio The Chalice, and rising singer-songwriter Shahar Eberzon.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm M-F ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee/ticket)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees typically $2-$3 per ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.