Os Mutantes with Writer
Brazil's seminal Tropicália band Os Mutantes returns to The Cedar!
The late ’60s in Brazil produced an explosion of new sounds and ideas that still reverberate throughout the world... during that time, Os Mutantes’ creative cannibalism produced psychedelic gems unlike anything else in the world. They were exactly what their name implies: a mutant genetic recombination of elements of John Cage, The Beatles, and Bossa Nova. A creature too strange and beautiful to live for very long, but too strong ever to fade away. It lives again. (Luaka Bop)
Fuzz rock duo Writer opens.
Check out the After Party featuring The Sex Rays with Joe Roberto and Poverty Hash and DJ Father Time, free with Os Mutantes ticket, or $10 at the door (from 10.30pm). Fundraiser for The Cedar.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm M-F ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.