The Ericksons CD release with Jimmy Peterson of Bellwether
Please join The Ericksons, sisters Bethany Valentini and Jenny Kochsiek, as they celebrate the release of their third record, The Wild. This collection of eleven songs, recorded at Justin Vernon's April Base Studios in Fall Creek, Wisconsin and produced by Beau Sorenson (Field Report) is both heart-wrenching and uplifting, rooted in folk, tinged with country and blues, and woven together with impeccable, haunting harmonies. Reckoning with the grief after the death of Valentini's first husband, and surviving through music, The Wild is a pulsing, breathing testament to what Valentini declares in "Six Feet Underground," at the heart of the album - "I'd like to tell you what I've come to believe, that life is a mystery with tricks up its sleeve."
Jimmy Peterson from twang-rock outfit Bellwether opens.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.