Who Even Listens to WMCN? featuring Carroll, Bad Bad Hats, The Velveteens, Is Home Is, and Maeth
Who even listens to WMCN? Few people know that Macalester College Radio has been an active force in the Mac-Groveland community since the 1930s. As the smallest free-form radio station in the Twin Cities, WMCN celebrates all kinds of programming; everything from kitschy dance music to crusty punk to radio memoir. For one night, Thursday, February 21, we’ll bring together some of our favorite bands to create a mini-music festival with 5 bands from Macalester and the greater Twin Cities area each playing a short set. Bands scheduled to perform:
The festival will also feature art from Macalester student groups, including screen printing, photography, painting, a half-time poetry slam, jewelry, and prose. This is an arts and music festival you won’t want to miss!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.