Karan Casey and John Doyle
Breathtaking Irish vocalist Karan Casey and guitar virtuoso John Doyle rose to fame as founding members of traditional supergroup Solas, yet since leaving Solas, each has successfully carved out a unique place in contemporary Irish and folk music. Now, their deeply felt musical compatibility and kinship has pulled them back to work together once more, this time as a duo. The result is Exile's Return (Compass Records), a luminous new album of Irish, Scottish and English folk songs, and a limited number of live appearances. The renewed collaboration has generated "a feeling of coming home," says Karan. "John in his guitar playing really does catch me, almost like he knows what I'm thinking." John says, "Karan's soul is in the music. We fit together, like hand in glove."
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.