Holly Near hits the road introducing her new two CD Peace Becomes You. For the first time in many years, she is traveling with a band. The new show is vibrant, funny, smart, musical and uplifting.
The best test of any show is the audience and they are saying Holly is singing better than ever - not to mention that the audience itself is a reunion of progressive thinkers! The new material is challenging and contemporary . The old songs come alive in a new way with the addition of a strong rhythm section.
Holly Near is a distinguished ambassador for social change, one of the Thousand Women for Peace collectively nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. New York Times says " "Miss Near…. belongs to the folk tradition of Woody Guthrie and the Weavers”. Holly has also been a pioneer for women in music, starting her own independent record company back in 1972. For more than forty years, Near has put her gentle wit, big loving spirit and powerful songwriting to work for peace in the world.
Holly Near can entertain like a cabaret singer and challenge the mind like a philosophy professor. One fan said, "Holly Near is a divine combination of Judy Garland and Pete Seeger." Well, that is pretty much fun.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 between 12 noon and 4pm Mon-Fri ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.