Kaivama with Polka Chicks
Come prepared to be swept away by the spirited music of Finnish-American progressive acoustic folk duo Kaivama (Sara Pajunen, fiddle & vocals; Jonathan Rundman, guitar, harmonium & vocals), joined this evening by their good friends from Finland, the vivacious Polka Chicks (Kukka Lehto, fiddle/mandola and vocals; Teija Niku, accordion & vocals).
With sets from each duo, and some pieces performed jointly, the evening promises to be a superb showcase of vital Finnish folk music and original compositions, as interpreted by some of the best players on either side of the Atlantic. Music that is by turns joyous, primal, experimental, haunting, astonishingly beautiful, and time-honored; truly something for everyone to enjoy.
Presented as a seated show, but there'll be some room for dancing in the wings if those polkas carry you away!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.