Ólafur Arnalds with Moon & Pollution
Icelandic neo-classical composer Ólafur Arnalds returns to the intimate space of The Cedar with his new project, For Now I Am Winter. More complex than the previous records, the new album was produced with help from Nico Muhly on the orchestral arrangements, and vocalist Arnór Dan Arnarson (Agent Fresco) sings on three tracks. Expect a truly transporting evening of music from an artist of ever-growing stature, yet one who retains a down to earth sense of humor and balanced perspective.
Opening tonight will be Moon & Pollution, the new project by singer Molly Dean and producer/drummer Graham O'Brien (No Bird SIng).
This summer, keep your cool inside at the newly air-conditioned Cedar!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.