“Cheryl Wheeler is an anomaly on the acoustic music scene. She has a rare gift for writing songs with lush melodies and lyrics of incredible beauty. On the other hand, she is a master of quick wit. Her observational humor has brought us a number of songs describing the utter ridiculousness of the world around us. And then there is the richness of her silky alto telling us what lies in the deepest recesses of her songwriter's heart.” (FAME)
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
*Zombie alert: This event takes place on the same night as the annual Zombie Pub Crawl. It is highly likely you will encounter zombies on your visit to the neighborhood. Some may even be at the show. Parking will be challenging; bike/walk/public transportation is recommended.
Special access rules apply tonight. Because part of Cedar Avenue will be blocked off for the Zombie Pub Crawl, you will need to pass through secure checkpoints in order to come to The Cedar for Cheryl's show. Please tell the checkpoint staff that you are attending the Cheryl Wheeler show at the Cedar, and you will be given admittance to the cordoned area, and you will then be able to walk to The Cedar. Checkpoints giving you access to The Cedar will be located at the intersections of Cedar Avenue and S 6th St, and Cedar Ave and 3rd St S.