The Black Lillies and Chuck Mead & His Grassy Knoll Boys
A double bill of top-shelf American roots country music with The Black Lillies, and Chuck Mead (of BR549) & His Grassy Knoll Boys. The Black Lillies are enjoying much well-deserved national attention for their third studio album Runaway Freeway Blues. The Wall Street Journal describes the album as having “a rootsy flair, mixing folk, honky-tonk country and gospel into a winsome hybrid traditional enough to appeal to an Opry crowd … and expansive enough to ensnare a broader audience.” And Chuck Mead is reaching new audiences too, with this Cedar show seeing him make a quick return to the area following his debut performance on The Prairie Home Companion (Sept 14).
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.