Jandek is one of the most elusive and enigmatic personalities in contemporary music today. For over 30 years Corwood Industries has issued Jandek recordings that could be described as mysterious, beautiful, haunting and difficult. Each performance is fully improvised and exists only in the moment it is performed. Not even the musicians will know what to expect until they take the stage. The only thing audiences can be sure of is that a Jandek performance is something they will never forget.
Jandek's backing band tonight will be comprised of Minnesota musicians Crystal Myslajek (Brute Heart), Tim Glenn (Data General, Fog), Maja Radovanlija, Nelson Devereaux, and Craig Matarrese.
This evening's performance will be filmed for inclusion in a documentary by the people that made Tuning The Pulse, a short film about Jandek's historic performance in Mankato, MN on October 20th, 2012.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.