Malamanya with Alma Andina and DJ Radio Pocho
Malamanya is no garden-variety salsa band. Drawing on Cuban son and other traditional folk music, the group of Twin Cities natives -- singer Adriana Rimpel, bassist Tony Schreiner, trumpet player Jason Marks, percussionists Jesse Marks and Luis Ortega and guitarist Trevor May -- has fashioned an acoustic sound that creates a timeless connection and joyous blues that's as old as the working class itself. (Jim Walsh, Star Tribune)
Malamanya are back! Taking the chill out of a December evening with the sheer warmth and vitality of their music-making, Malamanya will have you up on your feet and moving to the music all night long, with a repertoire that samples broadly across Afro-Caribbean traditions.
Alma Andina opens, and DJ Radio Pocho will keep the music coming before and between sets.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.