Hobo Nephews of Uncle Frank with The May North and Luke Warm and the Cool Hands
All manner of backwoods melody driven by chain-gang-workin'-on-the-railroad rhythms…the brothers Alexy excel at channeling that old-timey mono-radio sensation into their modern music. (Minneapolis City Pages)
Timeless songwriting chops....loose, lively song rave-ups and masterful guitar work. Easily one of the best Minnesota-made albums of the year. ( Review of Number One Contender, Star Tribune)
A hot triple bill to start the New Year off right, headlined by brother songwriters Teague and Ian Thomas Alexy, who eight years ago decided to combine forces to form a new roots music project Hobo Nephews of Uncle Frank. Since then, the project has taken them around the country, via all manner of backroads and byways, and yielded four full-length albums, including critically acclaimed Traveling Show (2009) and Number One Contender (2013). The journey continues, and 2014 looks bright for the two brothers!
Opening tonight will be fellow roots bands Luke Warm and the Cool Hands, who released their debut album Born In The Way in November 2013, and The May North, a stringband who recently released their second album Interstate Lives.
Please note: due to the recent fire in the area, Cedar Ave is closed to vehicular traffic from Riverside Ave to 6th Street. The sidewalks are closed on both sides of Cedar Avenue between 6th and 5th on the west side, and between 6th and the Nomad on the east side. To come to The Cedar, you'll need to approach as a pedestrian from Riverside heading along Cedar Avenue, or via 5th Street.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venu
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.