Tree Party album release show with Ben Weaver and Jack Klatt
Join the celebration for the release of Tree Party's third album Iced Over: Thawing Minnesota's Local Lore, a year-long project born of researching stories and local history in smaller communities across Minnesota. Minnesota State Arts Board 2013 Artist Initiative Grant recipient Joey Ford found rich inspiration in small town museums and historical centers across the state, producing songs about “Dorothy Molter: The Root Beer Lady,” “Wrinkle Meat: The 137 Year Old Man" and “Helmer Aakvik: The Old Man of the Inland Sea."
Iced Over is a musical tribute to Minnesotans who have come before us and a celebration of their legacy.
Opening tonight will be singer-songwriter & poet Ben Weaver, and a solo set by retro musician Jack Klatt.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm M-F ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door (subject to ticket availability).