It's Valentine's Day, and that has come to mean a very special evening of music curated by your endearing host Lucy Michelle. This year it is the Country Western edition:
Side A: Frankie Lee and The Decade
Side B: Lucy Michelle with The Blackberry Brandy Boys featuring Dave Campbell, Brian Just and very special guests John Mark Nelson and The Cactus Blossoms.
with Bill DeVille on the Wheels of Steel between sets.
Don't forget to make a little something special for somebody special who you may or may not ever meet, in the way of your ideal Valentine's Day mixtape. The 2nd annual mixtape swap is happening at the show. Bring one, and then take one home.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door (subject to ticket availability).
Still in her mid-twenties, Lucy Michelle is a songwriter as serious as they come. Twin Cities natives will know her as frontwoman of gypsy-pop outfit Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles, a raucous and eclectic six-piece. At home and on the road, Lucy has...
Twin Cities alt country musician Frankie Lee has a long history of supporting Molly Maher, Erik Koskinen, and Tim O’Reagan as a guitarist and bassist. In 2013, he released his debut EP Middle West, which Frankie describes as "Song stories set to American...
Cosmic American Music played by Twin Citizens the way God & Gram Parsons intended. The sonic territory where hillbilly, soul and psychedelia meet to smoke a jeffery before going in to see The Stones in '74.
Formed for a one-off Halloween show in 2011, The...
The past may be prologue, but for John Mark Nelson, the present is something else entirely: a gateway into a new era of life and the new sound that defines his upcoming album, I'm Not Afraid. Having released two critically lauded albums of melodic,...
Brothers Jack Torrey and Page Burkum grew up in northeast Minneapolis and have been blending their voices as The Cactus Blossoms since 2010. Their hypnotic harmonies and unforgettable songs have made them favorites in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul music scene....