Nuala Kennedy Band
"Frisky, excitingly vital and wonderfully original" (****Songlines, 2013)
"Nuala's flute soars, dances, capers and chuckles" (FolkWord, 2013)
"This album makes you happy." (Bright Young Folk, 2013)
"Kennedy doesn't so much imbibe or inhale as swallow, whole and unadulterated, melodic and rhythmic influences from beyond her kith and kin. A delicious mix of influences abound, without ever sacrificing musical identity." (The Irish Times, 2010)
"Fresh, zesty and magical with underlayer's of mystery and otherworldliness" (Padraigin Ni Uallachain, 2010)
" she delivers both melody and story in compelling fashion… the sound of an artist coming of age" (Penguin Eggs 2013 ****)
The Cedar proudly welcomes back effervescent and mercurial Nuala Kennedy, this time with her 'Noble Stranger' band, featuring two of Scotland's finest musicians: Donald 'Drummy' Hay (bodhran) and Michael Bryan on guitar. Nuala grew up in Co. Louth Ireland and is one of the foremost Celtic flute players of her generation and a traditional singer of world renown.
The Nuala Kennedy Band was nominated for Best Folk Band of the Year in the BBC Alba Traditional Music Awards 2013. They interpret traditional Irish songs and tunes in their own inimitable style which has won them acclaim from around the world. Expect an evening of hauntingly beautiful vocals, adventurous instrumentation, and an imaginative mix of material inspired by the traditional music of Ireland and Scotland.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.