Saintseneca with Blessed Feathers, EMOT and Pony the Mustangpresented by The Cedar, First Avenue and Radio K
Saintseneca spins isolation into folk gold... On Dark Arc, Little's once minimalist compositions seem to miraculously twirl from sparse acoustic arrangements into layered space-rock jams that Built to Spill would be proud of. (Nashville Scene)
Bandleader Zac Little writes stompy folk songs that are more artfully crafted than all the bands you probably just thought of when you read the words “stompy folk songs" (Pitchfork).
Catch buzzband Saintseneca on tour behind their album Dark Arc (ANTI-, April 1, 2014). The band is led by singer-songwriter and multi instrumentalist Zac Little who originally hails from rural Appalachia. Following in the footsteps of heartland bands who have sought to twist the music of the old weird America into new shapes – from the Violent Femmes to Neutral Milk Hotel – Saintseneca perform songs that sound both familiar and uniquely original. The group utilizes a wide range of acoustic instrumentation with more contemporary elements such as synthesizers and electric guitars to create a seamless blend of soaring vocals and vibrant post-punk energy.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm M-F ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page) until 5pm day of show
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door (subject to ticket availability).