John Mark Nelson album release with Bad Bad Hats
Two months after his high school graduation, John Mark Nelson jumped to the top of Minneapolis' folk-pop scene with 2012's Waiting and Waiting, a homemade album that split the difference between Nick Drake's quiet, stripped-back acoustics and Andrew Bird's orchestral sweep. Two years later, he's ready to make a bigger splash with Sings the Moon (June 24, 2014), the most detailed, collaborative album of his young career.
Warm and welcoming, Sings the Moon conjures up images of a winter's night spent inside a cabin, with a fire in the hearth and a soft song on the radio. Nelson, who fills the songs with autobiographical memories of his past and imagined events of his possible future, calls it "the soundtrack to a single human life." For this folk-pop songwriter, though, the soundtrack is just beginning.
Join the celebration as John Mark Nelson Sings The Moon at The Cedar in a full band show. Bad Bad Hats open.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm M-F ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page) until 5pm day of show
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door (subject to ticket availability).