Kyle Sobczak: 416 Club Commissionswith Painted Saints
416 Club Commissions is an annual program of The Cedar, working in conjunction with The Jerome Foundation, that commissions seven emerging, Minnesota-based artists to create new work that is debuted in a public concert series at The Cedar. The 2014 recipients were chosen by a panel of Twin Cities music industry professionals including record label owners, music educators, local musicians, and Cedar staff. Each of the seven artists will present their work on Monday evenings beginning January 13th and running through to the end of February.
Kyle Sobczak's proposal was inspired by John Steinbeck's Travels with Charley: In Search of America. Sobczak will travel throughout the Midwest and conduct interviews with local residents. These interviews will be the basis for his new compositions, "Talking to Strangers: A Travelogue of Minnesota", giving musical voices to those who might not otherwise have them.
Painted Saints open.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Purchase Club Card for $25 and gain entry to all seven 416 Club Commissions!
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.