Sara Pajunen: 416 Club Commissions
416 Club Commissions is an annual program of The Cedar, working in conjunction with The Jerome Foundation, that commissions seven emerging, Minnesota-based artists to create new work that is debuted in a public concert series at The Cedar. The 2014 recipients were chosen by a panel of Twin Cities music industry professionals including record label owners, music educators, local musicians, and Cedar staff. Each of the seven artists will present their work on Monday evenings beginning January 13th and running through to the end of February.
After a lifetime in a Finnish-American family, years living in Helsinki, and a recent career exploring Finnish folk music, Sara Pajunen has been asking herself questions such as 'How many generations does change take?' or 'What happens in the space between leaving the familiar and finding the familiar?' Everywhere there are boxes and boxes of forgotten stories that intensify these questions, a few of which Pajunen found at the University of Minnesota's Immigration History Research Center. Drawing inspiration from the contents of the boxes, Pajunen will add new electronic components to her violin and voice in a way that explores sounds and image common to both past and present, generational change and individual change.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Purchase Club Card for $25 and gain entry to all seven 416 Club Commissions!
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.