Jackie Beckey: 416 Club Commissionswith Mar Habrine, Dream Weapon, and Lungs Face Feet
416 Club Commissions is an annual program of The Cedar, working in conjunction with The Jerome Foundation, that commissions seven emerging, Minnesota-based artists to create new work that is debuted in a public concert series at The Cedar. The 2014 recipients were chosen by a panel of Twin Cities music industry professionals including record label owners, music educators, local musicians, and Cedar staff. Each of the seven artists will present their work on Monday evenings beginning January 13th and running through to the end of February.
Beckey is known as a member of nationally recognized group Brute Heart, as well as for her work as a composer and band leader for local theater productions and parades. For her 416 Club Commission project she wishes to create both a musical composition and an art installation in The Cedar's hall. Inspiration for the music will be drawn from Ugandan and Argentinian percussive rhythms.
Jackie's 416 commission pieces will be performed by musicians: Jonathan Kaiser (cello), Jackie Beckey (viola), Ryan Billig (percussion), Andie Mazorol (percussion), Andy McCormick (upright bass), Rocky Schulze (bass), Jason Misik (bass), collectively known as Rajjjar Septet.
To round out the evening, Mar Habrine, Dream Weapon, and Pittsburgh-based brass band Lungs Face Feet will also be performing.
Natalie Mazorol has also been commissioned to build an interactive music dome as an art installation piece
RAJJAR SEPTET:: performing original music by Jackie Beckey ::
Jonathan Kaiser on cello
Jack Beck on viola
Jason Misik and Rocky Schulze on bass
Andy McCormick on upright bass
Ryan Billig and Andie Mazorol on percussion
LUNGS FACE FEET
Pittsburgh friends! Ex-members of Hex!
In an interactive music dome art installation made by Natalie Mazorol
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Purchase Club Card for $25 and gain entry to all seven 416 Club Commissions!
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.