Nathan Hanson: 416 Club Commissions
Inspired by Bulgarian choral compositions, Big band saxophone sections, jazz, blues, and electronica, St. Paul resident Hanson will be composing music for a choir of six saxophones. The all-star lineup includes George Cartwright, Scott Fultz, Nathan Hanson, Pat Moriarty, Pat O'Keefe, and Donald Washington. Improvisation in many different facets will be incorporated into the performance. An accomplished jazz musician, Hanson has played with legends such as Dizzy Gillespie, Jacques Thollot and Mark Dresser. Hanson regularly plays with his band called Fantastic Merlins. This project is an exploration and tribute to the beautiful and diverse instrument that is the saxophone.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Purchase a 416 Club Card and attend all 7 shows for $20.
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
Funded in part through New Music USA's MetLife Creative Connections program.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.