Miriam Gerberg: 416 Club Commissions
Multi-talented musician Miriam Gerberg will be applying the compelling improvisation traditions of Turko-Arabic music with the shimmering sounds of the Javanese gamelan. This intersection of two worlds is new and uncharted musical territory. Gerberg will explore this new ground, along with Ensemble Mezze: Music from the Eastern Mediterranean (including Rachel Milloy, Will Kemperman with guests, Iraqi musician Laith Alattar and flamenco guitarist Scott Davies) and The Sumunar Indonesian Gamelan Orchestra (led by Joko Sutrisno and with guest composer Stephen May).
A well-established ethnomusicologist, composer, and founder of The Minnesota Global Arts Institute, Miriam teaches at Hamline University and has had her original music performed across the U.S., in Israel, Palestine, Holland, Australia, Japan, and Sumatra.
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Purchase a 416 Club Card and attend all 7 shows for $20.
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
Funded in part through New Music USA's MetLife Creative Connections program.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.