SMOD with Wanaku
It is perhaps not so surprising that Bamako, Mali hip-hop trio SMOD are following in the footsteps of Amadou and Mariam in having an album produced by the great Manu Chao. After all, Manu got to know the group, which includes Amadou and Mariam's son Sam, when he was producing the hit album ‘Dimanche à Bamako’ and from there it was but a small step for Manu Chao to record their debut album SMOD back in their home territory a few years later. The Cedar is proud to welcome for their Minnesota debut Sam, Ousco, and Dronsky, who together make up SMOD!
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID, seniors and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.