Brute Heart performs a live score for “The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari” (1920) with MAKR
Avant rock trio present their score to the German Expressionist film The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari, a masterpiece of the silent era. The score was commissioned by the Walker Art Center, and first presented as the concluding event of their Summer Movies & Music series this year. The combination was too inspired to be just performed once, and the lead-up to Halloween the perfect time for a movie that dwells in the shadows of madness. The Cedar is proud to collaborate with Brute Heart in providing this second chance to see the movie with the live score, with insane set designs by Jonathan Kaiser (infinity rooms!) with shadow projections by Christopher Allen and soundscapes by MAKR to open (between 7 and 8pm). A recording of the score and tshirts will be available to buy too! You must become Caligari!
The Cedar is now air-conditioned for your year-round comfort!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm M-F ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.