Cedar Family presents Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime Players
"His songs, always tuneful and smart, are driven with purpose: They cover both the ecstatic energy of waking up to the world around you, but they also embrace the melancholy and questioning that are inseparable from growing up. When he writes, he is not thinking necessarily about how to entertain children, as he is how to capture the full range of emotions that children traverse on their path to maturity." (Chicago Sun-Times)
Family fave is back with his group of zany sidekicks, and an irresistible new, Grammy-nominated album Recess in hand. Justin's ninth family music album rocks with gigantic electric guitars, intricate vocal harmonies, and impossibly catchy melodies that will burrow deep into your brain. In his most unrestrained release yet, Justin explores the world from multiple perspectives - kids who love to play, the proud but exhausted parents of twins, and a loyal pet dog, just to name a few. Whether kids are jumping through the chalked boxes of "Hopscotch" or running around the playground to the triumphant electric rock of "Recess," these 12 original songs will add energy to any day. The limited-edition CD package even includes a pop-up robot, and secret web links to craft activities and bonus media!
This is a seated show, with rooms for children to dance and move around up close. Great fun for all ages! Children under 2 are free, and do not need a ticket.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.