Otaak Band with Body Omara
Otaak Band is a collaboration between Miguel Merino (United States) and Ahmed Said Abuamna (Eastern Sudan). At the heart of their sound is an ancient, lyre-like instrument called the masankop, associated with the Beja people since time immemorial. Together, they combine traditional East Africa music with more contemporary influences from North America and create sounds that are truly unique and vital. Catch them at The Cedar on their very first North American tour!
West meets East, with the addition of Body Omara as opening act. Comprising guitarist/composer Joseph Damman, bassist Tom Reichert, and drummer Davu Seru, Body Omara performs original music reflecting Damman's love for the funky, soulful "desert blues" of Malian guitar genius Ali Farka Toure, while it also recalls American folk and jazz with catchy, elaborate melodies and swelling improvisations.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.