Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuária
An evening in the esteemed company of Brazilian singer/guitarist/percussionist Vinicius Cantuária, and American guitarist Bill Frisell. The two men have a long history of working together, with Bill guesting on Vinicius' albums Tucuma (1999), Vinicius (2001), Horse and Fish (2004), Samba Carioca (2010) and Vinicius returning the favor on Bill's 2003 album The Intercontinentals. Now, the duo have released a brand new album together, Lagrimas Mexicanas, (January 25, 2011). According to Pollstar: "The story behind the album is as original as the music. After moving from Brazil to New York City, Cantuária became enthralled with the sounds of the city’s streets, particularly the various flavors of the Spanish language spoken by Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Colombians, Venezuelans, Mexicans and others, with the verbal melting-pot of sounds ultimately leading him to begin writing what would become Lagrimas Mexicanas. By collaborating with Frisell the finished work is described as a combination of traditional Latin rhythms with improvisational jazz, with Frisell playing electric and acoustic guitars and Cantuária handling vocals, percussion and acoustic guitar."
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($1 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby before and after shows (no fee), Depth of Field (no fee), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID may gain discounted admission for tickets at the door.