Joan Soriano performs electric roots bachata from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. What distinguishes Joan from other bachateros of his generation is his dedication to bachata’s cultural roots. Joan’s band, La Familia Soriano, is a collaboration with his two sisters and brother. Their music captures the intimacy and playfulness of their upbringing in the hills of Monte Plata, where the young Sorianos learned to dance to the rhythm of bachata in their mother’s arms.
There'll be seats for those who wish to sit, and plenty of open floor space for those who simply must dance!
Special offer: learn how to dance bachata with Social Dance Studio Bachata Blast Weekend Fri Apr 19 and Sat Apr 20!
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.