Acoustic Africa featuring Habib Koité, Afel Bocoum and Oliver Mtukudzi
This second installment of the exhilarating musical journey to Acoustic Africa focuses on the richness of the African guitar tradition. Tonight's show features Habib Koité, the Malian superstar whose exciting concerts have endeared him to audiences worldwide, Oliver Mtukudzi, a national hero in his home country of Zimbabwe, and Afel Bocoum, a gentle and unassuming guitarist, singer, and composer from Mali--and a long-time musical partner (and nephew) of the late, great Ali Farka Toure. The three artists, backed by a traditional African band, unite in song in a collaborative performance that honors their African heritage while simultaneously pushing at contemporary musical boundaries.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 2 ($1 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby before and after shows (no fee), Depth of Field (no fee), or Electric Fetus (small fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (fees apply) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- All Cedar shows are all ages.
- Students with ID may gain discounted admission for tickets purchased at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.