Chamber Music with Ballaké Sissoko & Vincent Segal
A spellbinding highlight of the 2011 Global Roots Festival returns! Chamber Music is a collaboration between Ballaké Sissoko, who plays the traditional kora, a lute-harp from Mali, and Vincent Segal, a French cellist who plays for the trip-hop band Bumcello. Together, they create stunning music of quiet beauty and soulful simplicity.
Ballaké Sissoko's latest album For Peace (Feb 5, 2013) continues and extends the collaboration with Segal; NPR notes that Sissoko brings a "dreamy, lovely beauty to his work."
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.