An evening of searing desert blues with Tuareg/Tamasheq band Terakaft (meaning "caravan" in Tamasheq). The stark, harsh conditions of the Sahara permeates their riffs, and the group embodies all that is wild and free in desert blues today. After forming as an offshot of TInariwen, Terakaft have taken the electric guitar and put their own mark on the music, music that serves as a rallying call for the youth of a country torn asunder by conflict. Ther new album Kel Tamasheq, produced by Tinariwen producer Justin Adams, showcases their continuing development as a vital force in global guitar-driven rock.
"Where so much in this style gets by on groove and attitude, Terakaft have variety, musicianship and well-crafted melodies on their side." (fRoots)
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant provided by the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature from the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008, and a grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation Minnesota.