Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni Ba
Defiant, angry new music from Mali, by the world’s greatest exponent of the ngoni, the ancient West African lute … Magnificent. **** (The Guardian)
Jama Ko, recorded amid the continuing crisis in Mali, is electric and urgently contemporary. ***** (Financial Times)
Mali’s ngoni ace returns. After releasing his celebrated debut album Segu Blue and the Grammy nominated follow up I speak fula, and performing hundreds of concerts all over the globe, including many as headliner in the AfroCubism project and appearances on stage with Sir Paul McCartney, John Paul Jones, Damon Albarn and many others at the latest Africa Express, Bassekou Kouyate is back with his new album Jama ko, recorded in Bamako just as turmoil was striking the capital of Mali.
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2--$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.